"Whatever the project, she produces engaging and practical design solutions that delight."
Claire has design-agency and client-side experience dating back over 20 years. The diversity of her clients means her work spans a broad range of industries and disciplines, providing solutions for evolving platforms.
Talking all the languages of customers, businesses, users, and developers is a valuable skill; Claire covers all areas from briefing to information architecture and wireframes, slick visual designs, prototypes, and UAT.
Always working closely with the client/stakeholder, project managers and developers alike, her UI designs are creative yet practical, and the clarity of the end goal is maintained throughout the entire process.
Overall, functionality and design are equally important in producing a user-friendly product. Claire believes in solid collaboration between designers and programmers to ensure a seamless user journey (UX).
So, what is Art Directions?
Claire has run Art Directions Ltd successfully for a number of years, providing a broad range of design services to numerous clients. Her company was dormant for a time when she chose to work for a bigger company, but it is now up and running again and you can view her portfolio here.
Claire’s previous clients and employers are from diverse industries. Whatever the industry, the design process is essentially the same:
Discover ⇒ Define ⇒ Design ⇒ Deliver
- Design & marketing
- eCommerce & retail
- Healthcare & pharmaceuticals
- Real estate
- Software development
- Sport & leisure
- Telecoms & technology
- Transport & logistics
Claire is an accomplished multi-disciplined designer (with developer skills) with over two decades of experience in the following creative disciplines:
- UX & UI
- Responsive design
- Mobile apps
- Interactive & multimedia presentations
- Audio & video
- Online banners
- Branding, logos & identity
- Print (flyers, datasheets, business stationery, brochures, packaging, event graphics, etc)
Software & language skills
Claire is always adding new strings to her bow, but she’s a fast learner so getting those 5 stars won’t take long!
- Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign,
Illustrator, Photoshop, typing 70WPM
- Acrobat, After Effects, Audition, Axure, DreamWeaver, Flash animation, Flash AS2, PowerPoint, Premiere, QuarkXPress, Soundbooth, SoundForge, Word
- Balsamiq, Encore, HTML & CSS, various CMS, Visio, Basic French
- Excel, Expression Blend, Fireworks, Flash AS3, InVision, Visual Studio, XAML, XML
- CS, Joomla, JS, Sitecore